Sunday, August 10, 2008

One is Pure Gold, The Other Not So Much

While in Las Vegas, The Family of Food loves to visit Lindo's Michoacan which we profiled before in the post entitled Ole.

Yesterday, we went back at an off hour for lunch with the twins. The meal was started with Lindo's tortilla chips, salsa, and bean dip. Then we were given soup which was quickly requisitioned by our toddlers for spoon in mouth practice. They need more work. The staff was kind and patient with our many spills and thrills. For our lunch, we had a combo platter with Chile Relleno, Chicken Enchilada, and Beef Taco and Fajitas de Gallina. I tried a small bite of the chicken enchilada, but for the most part the combo platter ended up in the the belly of my mate. He may have even licked the platter clean, which indicates it was probably pretty good. My fajitas were delicious. I shared them with the kids. The impressive thing about Lindo's is that the basic things are so good. The flour tortillas are some of the best I have ever had. The whole family was happy. The Lindo's experience is always golden.

Later we went to Planet Hollywood and grabbed some late night sandwiches at The Earl of Sandwich. The "Original" roast beef sandwich was decent for a fast food type of situation, but otherwise I was not impressed. My "All American" Turkey was below par. I wish I would have saved my appetite for the Lindo's leftovers.

Lindo's Michoacan
2655 East Desert Inn Rd.
Las vegas, Nv. 89121

No comments:

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger