Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting Back on Track with 1 Point Muffins


October was an especially difficult month for me. I still had no job, freelance hopes were dashed, and I lost Father of Food. Needless to say, I ate.

October was also a time of celebration, the twins turned three, many little friends had birthday parties, and of course we celebrated the joy that is Halloween. Needless to say, I ate.

October also happened to be the month where, due to death, sickness, and poverty, I most often found myself without a break as full time Mommy of my three year old twins. Needless to say, I ate.

I have been exercising more than usual, but needless to say, I gained.

This week I started to turn back the flow of calories by going back to my old Weight Watchers habits and have begun again to count the points of what I eat.
Today I made one of my favorite low point snacks, 1 Point Muffins. Now I use the term "muffin" loosely, since the plain version of these is more like a biscuit. It is a great grab and go food and since you make it yourself, it doesn't cost a fortune.

This muffin recipe originated from the
1998 version of The Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
There is a new version of this book out,



however, I am not sure if it has this recipe and I know it doesn't have my 1 point version, so I will share it here to help all of you folks looking for a great low cal snack:

Plain Muffins:

Makes 24 Servings - 1 Point each

1-3/4 cups of flour
4 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup fat free milk
1 egg
4 tsp unsalted butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a 24 cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (I use a silicone pan with spray)
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and butter. Pour over the flour mixture and stir, just until blended (do not overmix).
5. Spoon the batter into the cups, only filling the cups until they are just to the top, not over the sides.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes.



Now I'm back on track with a 1 point snack. I just need to be careful not to eat all 24 muffins by myself.


No comments:

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger