Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank You


Today is the day before Thanksgiving.  In School, my children made Thanksgiving place mats with some things they are thankful for, and I am inspired. 

I am so grateful for my life right now.  Things are a little sketchy financially; freelance money is just not the same as full time money.  I can't buy a ton of presents for the Holidays, my clothes are shabby chic to put it nicely, and I haven't been able to afford to renew my membership at the gym, so with my love of food, I'm not exactly trimming down this holiday season.  I miss my dog.

The thing is, without regular hours I get to spend more time with the kids and that is a true treasure.  I can't afford many gifts, but maybe I could get a few, or make some.  I am thankful for friends who don't care what gifts they do or do not receive. I am thankful for I have clothes, luckily many from years of plenty, some do not.  I can't go to the gym, but I am able to cook delicious meals which I creatively put together in the fashion of Grandmother of Food when she had little, "If we had a dollar, we used a dollar."  I am thankful for her wisdom and her recipes.  I am thankful for my garden.  I am thankful for our water to drink.  I am thankful for those who are reading this post.  I am thankful for the years I had with my dog.  I am thankful for my Husband.  I am thankful for love, and toys, and candy.  I am thankful that my Daughter is thankful for her Sister and just like her Sister, my Daughter, I am thankful, very thankful, for my family.


No comments:

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger