Sunday, September 26, 2010

Less Spam, More You

There have been improvements in spam blocking on the blog!  Friend of the blog, MandiCrocker, noticed that the Blogger comment verifier, wasn't working quite right, especially in combination with programs like Networked Blogs on Facebook.  I decided to turn the Blogger visual verifier off for the time being, at the risk of spambots  overwhelming the blog.  I did get many spam comments sent to me, but they weren't showing up on the blog.  Lo and behold, Blogger has added a nifty spam collector in the comments tab of the dashboard.  More information on this functionality can be found at http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?&answer=187141.  Good work Google, I am much happier with this approach.  Less hassle for readers leaving comments and less spam on the blog.  So let us test it out... leave your comment and let us know how it goes.  Just make sure it's not spam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing...1..2. People are saying they can't post. :(. I'm trying as anonymous.

Darci Monet said...

Testing testing...

Now I'm automatically signed in under my Google account...strange happenings are afoot...

Anonymous said...

Nice and simple

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger