Thursday, February 11, 2010

1 Point Chocolate Chip Muffins

Do not be afraid. Culinary experiments can have terrific results.  Today I went to make a sweet variation on the 1 point muffin I posted in November.  This recipe requires a substitution from granulated sugar to brown sugar.  I had made this recipe last week and my family could not keep their hands off of these muffins.  My three year olds adeptly climbed chairs and opened ziplock bags to nab the sweet treats whenever possible.   

I was ready to make another batch, but in the middle of my prep, I discovered that we were out of milk.  With the twins peacefully napping, going to the store was out.  * New Parents of Multiples, here is a helpful tip:  NEVER, ever wake the wee ones when they are sleeping, or you will pay a high price.  Certainly milk was no valid cause for disturbance.  A substution was needed and an option presented itself, yogurt.  What is yogurt anyway?  Mostly milk.  I figured a little water would thin the yogurt enough to make the recipe work.  And guess what, it worked like a charm.  Here is my recipe for 1 point Chocolate Chip Muffins.

Chocolate Chip Muffins:

Makes 24 Servings - 1 Point each


1-3/4 cups of flour

4 tsp brown sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 Cup Plain Lowfat Yogurt

1/2 Cup of Water

1 egg

4 tsp unsalted butter, melted

1/4 Cup of Chocolate Chips



1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Spray a 24 cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (I use a silicone pan with spray)

3. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.

4. In a small bowl combine egg, yogurt, water, and melted butter. Pour over the flour mixture and stir, just until blended (do not overmix).

5. Fold in the Chocolate Chips.

6. Spoon the batter into the cups, making sure each muffin has a couple of chips.  Add more if you don't care about the calories.

7. Bake 20-25 minutes.

3 comments:

MandiCrocker said...

YUUUUUUUUUUM!!!! :) :) :) Those girls certainly are climbers! ;)

Family of Food said...

Mandicrocker, was just thinking... would these be a good treat for people who can't eat much sugar like SLM?

Darci Monet said...

Oh I'm bummed I missed these!

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger