Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Marzipan Cake


Father in Law of Food is a lover of Marzipan. In honor of his recent birthday I made him a Marzipan Cake. I searched many food blogs until I found a recipe for this cake and then I added a few touches to make it more personalized to Father in Law of Food's personal tastes. Thank-you to Vanessa Frida for listing the recipe. The original can be found here: http://vanessafrida.livejournal.com/164907.html .

My changes were as follows: I used only 14 Tbsp of Marzipan in the batter. I used some more for the decoration as julienned marzipan. I added slivered almonds, for decoration and additional crunch. Lastly, I trimmed the cake with blackberries, a favorite of Father In Law of Food. If I make the cake in the future, I would add a drizzle of amaretto for moisture and added almond taste. The cake was delicious. The batter might tempt one to lick the blades of the cuisinart, but resist for safety. Wait for this terrific cake to come out of the oven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a recipient of multiple helping, I must say that it was in fact high on the yummy scale. It is like the King of All Almonds arrived with his entire retinue of almond servents and concubines.

And then they exploded in your mouth.

Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Hey I am glad the cake went well for you...that made my day!

I am so inspired by Donna Hay, i am organising a Donna Hay Tag, and I was wondering if you would be keen to take part too….
Here’s the link http://vanessafrida.livejournal.com/202333.html

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger