Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mmmmm Meatloaf Cupcakes!




My Mother saw a meatloaf recipe online and mentioned them to me.  A few hours later, this was born.  Meatloaf cupcakes! Thanks to Betty Crocker who posted the basic recipe here.  I happened to have all ingredients except parsley (which I replaced with spinach) and real mashed potatoes which are hard to cook to the right consistency.  I used an easy to make powdered potatoes package for the "frosting."  As usual, I put my own spin on it.

Here is the recipe as I made it.  Get creative with your own recipe!

Meat Loaf

2
eggs, lightly beaten
1.25
lb ground turkey
1
cup panko crispy bread crumbs
1/2
red onion, finely chopped
1/4
cup coarsely chopped spinach
2
cloves garlic, finely chopped
2/3
cup ketchup
2
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper

For the garnish

Idahoan Mashed Potatoes, Four Cheese

Panko and Parmesan mixture (about 2/3 cup panko and 1/3 cup parmesan)

Ketchup

Spinach cut into thin strips (chiffonade)

Cherry Tomatoes

Shredded Cheddar

Chives



No comments:

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger