Monday, July 11, 2011

Quiche Me

One night I stunned my husband by putting together a delicious (if I may say so myself) Quiche out of the blue in less than a half hour.  I happened to have some left over pastry crust from a 2 crust recipe in which I used only one crust.  The rest was a cinch.  If you need a pastry crust recipe click the link below.

1 Pastry Crust (link)

1 Tomato, chopped
1 Cub Broccoli, chopped
2 Cups of Fresh Spinach, chopped
12 slices of cooked Turkey Bacon, crumbled or chopped
2 Eggs
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup Milk
1/3 Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup of Parmesan
3/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Preheat oven to 400° F
Lay the pastry crust into a pie pan.
Combine filling ingredients in a bowl.  I crack the eggs in first and beat them slightly before adding the other ingredients.  Pour mixture into pie shell.

Bake at  400° for 1 hour.

Don't be afraid to experiment with the ingredients... don't have broccoli, try spinach, don't have Greek yogurt, use plain yogurt or milk.  Are you ready for your quiche?

1 comment:

Family of Food said...

I added one word to this recipe... cooked, you need cooked turkey bacon, very important.

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger