Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sweet Corn Muffin Recipe

Looking through the pantry I saw this recipe on the corn meal box and I set out to make it, but my store of butter was low and I have been trying to lighten up my recipes, so I made a few substitutions and here is the result, sweet corn bread with a little less fat.

These muffins are more cake like than the regular recipe and as you can see from the picture, they are also more melted together, like monkey bread.

Here is the new recipe:
1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Corn Meal
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Skim Milk
1/3 Cup Plain Lowfat Yogurt
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

Preheat the oven to 350°
Spray muffin cups with spray oil
Mix Flour, Sugar, Corn Meal, Baking Powder, and Salt in a large bowl or mixer.
In another bowl, beat Eggs lightly, add Milk, Yogurt, and Oil.  Mix well.
Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir until just blended.
Pour into muffin Cups.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger