Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BentO' the Irish



It's time to celebrate!  St. Patrick's Day is almost upon us.


Let's party with something traditional like
 BENTO!!!


Today I have 3 bentos.  Two for my twin girls and one for the Proud Irish Husband of Food.
OK, had I planned this ahead of time, those Shamrock sandwiches would be Corned Beef, but alas... they are Turkey and Cheese.  The shamrock cuts left not enough left over as to be impossible to get a second shamrock out of the sandwich, but just enough to inspire a Lunch for Daddy. 


The last minute preparations led to the discovery of the most Irish of Snack Foods - Veggie Straws!  The green, white, and orange sticks make a lovely Irish Flag.



Blueberries?  They are healthy, nutritious and not entirely absent in Ireland.  The girls would have gotten raw carrots, like their Dad, but their school doesn't allow them.


If anyone wants to share some bento, please post a link in the comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why in the world are raw carrots not allowed at school??

Family of Food said...

I believe they are worried about the kids choking. They allow cooked carrots.

Son of Food said...

And where can we find these nice white vented self-closing divided bento boxes that fits perfectly in daddy's various overcoat pockets? Grandson-of-food has worn out his bento box and needs a new one, and to no avail, I've looked everywhere to find a new one just like his old one. You would think there would be an Amazon link or something somewhere around here.

Family of Food said...

I am not sure but, I thought I had a link in the Amazon Favorites, however, when searching for this particular bento box, the seller that used to carry them, did not display this model. I did find it at another Amazon Store, so I will post it up in the Favorites "Carousel". I am also going to make a post on some of the bentos that I use. Look for that in a few days.

Bookmark This Site


Powered By Blogger